Application deadline for students wishing to matriculate in September is the preceding December 15.
All applications must be submitted online through Apply Yourself. You may access the Apply Yourself application through the Graduate Admissions website.
Application requirements for admission:
- A completed application
- Transcripts of all previous work
- Three letters of recommendation
- Recent GRE general and subject scores (physics or related field)
- TOEFL or IELTS for international students (a reproduction is acceptable. Johns Hopkins prefers a minimum score of 600 (paper-based) or 250 (computer-based) or 100 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).)
- Statement of purpose
- $75 application fee. (If your annual income is less than $15,000 and you are not a dependent, you can apply for a fee waiver. You will need to show proof of financial need by e-mailing a copy of your W-2 form to firstname.lastname@example.org. International students should fax a similar type of tax document.)
Successful applicants applying in the last year of their Bachelor’s program will need to demonstrate the completion of their Bachelor’s
degree program before they can begin the Ph.D. program at JHU.
For additional information, contact Kelley Key:
The Henry A. Rowland Department of Physics and Astronomy
The Johns Hopkins University Homewood Campus
Baltimore, MD 21218