The role of the Committee for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) is to provide an honest assessment of the current climate of the department, identify key issues to address, propose an action plan to create a more equitable environment, and continually seek ways for us to improve.
Current CDI Members
- Faculty : Ibrahima Bah, Emanuele Berti, Francesca Serra
- Research Scientists: David Nataf
- Post Doctoral Fellows: Yishu Wang
- Graduate Students: Oz Amram and Erini Lambrides
- Undergraduate Students: Zubia Hasan
- Staff: Kelley Key
- Ex-officio (HR): Jess Dawson
Conference for Undergraduate Underrepresented Minorities in Physics
The University of Maryland (UMD) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) will co-host their third Conference for Undergraduate Underrepresented Minorities in Physics (CU2MiP) on January 8-10, 2021. The aim of CU2MiP is to provide underrepresented students in physics with the opportunity to experience a professional regional conference, learn information about graduate school and careers in physics, connect with others in physics to share experiences, advice, ideas, and much more! The conference program includes honored speakers, helpful panels, and engaging workshops. There will be a poster session for research, applied projects, and education outreach.
Please see links for the website, program, and registration below:
- Website: https://cu2mip.physics.umd.edu/
- Program: https://cu2mip.physics.umd.edu/undergraduate-program/
- Registration link: https://cu2mip.physics.umd.edu/undergraduate-registration/