The role of the Committee for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) is to provide an honest assessment of the current climate of the department, identify key issues to address, propose an action plan to create a more equitable environment, and continually seek ways for us to improve.
Current CDI Members
- Faculty: Bob Leheny (Diversity Champion), Stephan McCandliss, Rosie Wyse
- Research Scientists: Matt Collinge
- Post Doctoral Fellow: Arshia Maria Jacob
- Graduate Students: Eleni Kyriazi and Sophia Yi
- Undergraduate Student: Sami Muhammad
- Staff: Kelley Key
- Ex-officio (HR): Laura Kuhl
AAS Committee on the Status of Minorities in Astronomy Micro-Grants Program
The AAS Committee on the Status of Minorities in Astronomy (CSMA) was awarded a $15,000 AIP Diversity Action Fund Award to establish the CMSA Micro-Grants Program. This program will sponsor Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), and other students who are suffering from the effects of financial scarcity. Yearly through 2023, the program will offer ~10 one-time grants of $500 each to support BIPOC undergraduates to pay graduate school application fees, GRE testing fees, virtual conference registrations, or to purchase textbooks and research supplies.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact Dr. Carlos J. Vargas