80% of the solar surface will be obstructed by the moon at the apex of the The Great American Eclipse, which will occur at approximately 2:43 PM in Baltimore. Here are some useful links to eclipse viewing events in and around Baltimore, and online. Keep in mind that it is not safe to observe a partial solar eclipse without special equipment and/or eye protection!
Baltimore area eclipse viewing events:
- At JHU’s Homewood Campus in Baltimore (free)
- At the Maryland Science Center in Baltimore (with paid admission)
- At Cylburn Arboretum in Baltimore (with advance paid registration)
- At the Forest Park Branch of the Pratt Library in Baltimore (free)
- At Observatory Park in Gaithersburg (free)
- At Oregon Ridge Nature Center in Cockeysville (free)