Application deadline for students wishing to matriculate in September 2013 is December 15, 2012.
All applications must be submitted online through Apply Yourself. You may access the Apply Yourself application through the Graduate Admissions webpage. Graduate Admissions Website.
- Completion of the bachelor's or master's degrees.
- A completed application.
- Transcripts of all previous work.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Recent GRE scores including the advanced physics test score.
- TOEFL or IELTS for International students. (A reproduction is acceptable. Johns Hopkins prefers a minimum score of 600 (paper-based) or 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).)
- Statement of Purpose.
- US$75.00 application fee. (If your annual income is less than $15,000 USD you can apply for a fee waiver. You will need to show proof of financial need by e-mailing a copy of your W-2 form, or for International students a similar type of tax document, to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Supporting documentation should be mailed, in one envelope, to the following address:
Johns Hopkins University
Full-time Studies in Arts, Sciences and Engineering
Graduate Affairs and Admissions Office
Shriver Hall 28
3400 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
For all materials, the use of the Mailing Label and Cover Sheet is required.
Please note: The Graduate Admissions Office will only accept regular mail, Certified Mail, UPS, DHL and Fed Ex deliveries. If applying to more than one department, please mail a complete application packet for each department to the Graduate Admissions Office. All application documents must be provided in English (either the original or translations of the original documents). If you are unable to secure translations to English, we recommend that you contact World Education Services.
For additional information contact Carm King at The Henry A. Rowland Department of Physics and Astronomy The Johns Hopkins University Homewood Campus Baltimore, Maryland 21218. Telephone (410)516-7344, Fax (410)516-7239, E-mail email@example.com.